By now you realize that you have been diagnosed with a very rare disorder – so rare that you have trouble finding out what it even is and how to deal with it.
What You Need To Know
Hypoparathyroidism is a chronic condition with no cure as of yet and even treatments are limited. You will need to work closely with a doctor (preferably one who has experience with this condition) to manage your symptoms and protect your body from any possible long-term effects. It’s important to think of your doctor as part of a team along with yourself, your loved ones and maybe even this Association, working together to support and keep you well.
Connect With Us
As daunting as it may seem, you are not alone. We have all been where you are now. We live with hypopara and are working closely with doctors and professionals to learn everything there is available in terms of treatment and research. Use this website to find the answers to your most pressing questions. Come to our yearly conference to learn more and to network with fellow patients and the many doctors who are making a difference.
Here is a list of links that may be helpful:
- A Quick Guide to Understanding Hypoparathyroidism [PDF]
- Summary & Treatment Guidelines Handout (PDF)
- Hypoparathyroidism terms (things you may have heard your doctor say but didn’t or don’t understand completely)[PDF]
- Clinical Trials There are several studies taking place right now – maybe one might be of interest to you.
- Links These are to other sites that we have found useful.
- Check out our Events calendar to see what conferences, workshops, fundraisers, etc are taking place.