By now you realize that you have been diagnosed with a very rare disorder – so rare that you have had trouble finding out what it even is and how to deal with it.
This page has been designed with you in mind. It is hoped that you will be able to find the answers to the burning question of “Now what do I do?”
Here is a list of links on our website that might help you:
- Definition of hypoparathyroidism [video]
- Causes of hypoparathyroidism [video]
- The function of the parathyroid glands
- Role of Calcium
- Role of Parathyroid Hormone
- What is Hypocalcemia?
- What are the current treatment options for hypoparathyroidism?
- What is hypoparathyroidism and what the goal should be in managing hypoparathyroidism? [PDF]
- Summary & Treatment Guidelines Handout [PDF] New (10/2018)
- A Quick Guide to Understanding Hypoparathyroidism [PDF]
- Hypoparathyroidism terms (things you may have heard your doctor say but didn’t or don’t understand completely)[PDF] [Video]
- Preparing for your doctor appointment(s); how to find a qualified physician
- Resources (publications and articles we have on hypoparathyroidism)
- Clinical Trials There are several studies taking place right now – maybe one or more might be of interest to you; definitely, something to discuss with your doctor.
- Links (these are to other sites that others have found useful)
- You might want to check out our events section to see what conferences, workshops, fundraisers, etc are taking place. Since we are a worldwide Association, there could be events taking place in your country.
- Become a part of the Association. It's free! You will have access to the whole site! Just sign up for our emails and we will keep you apprised of all that is happening. Our newsletter will be now on the website for your convenience.